Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Beauty and Mercy

I'm literally in shock that almost one year has passed since I posted here. That's a shame, because so much has happened in that time. When I look back, I mostly see a lot of driving and getting burgers, since that is what Caleb enjoys. But I have to say, my favorite memory of this long absent time, is sitting on our farm porch with Caleb, seeing his calm, and then my most recent favorite one is reading The Story of Helen Keller to him, in our living room. I thought he might engage with that story and he seemed to. So we'll surely hear more about that later. Tonight I looked at myself in the mirror and gave myself forgiveness for all of the things I have not done that I wish I had and for the things I have done that I wish I had not done. I hear that many parents of autistic people have guilt issues. Guilty of that. But thankfully, also a christian who understands that whatever I may or may not be guilty of, Jesus blood covers it all. I love my son and thank God for his beauty and his innocent dear heart. This is what matters to me at the end of the day.

No comments: